Friday, February 5, 2010

An artist's look

Every artist has a look. People knew Johnny Cash as the man in black because he always wore black. Porter wagoner always wore a shiny, flashy nudie suit. Waylon personified the outlaw image. All these artist's look magnified their music. What they wore was a huge part of their success. What I'm getting at is my look. What is it? Over the past year I've wrestled with the look. I went from dressing like George strait to wearing dress pants and a tie, and now back to the George look. Neither of these mirrors my music. Neither screams country and blues. That's what I'm looking for, a look that mirrors my music. An image that screams country and blues. An image that personifies "Country Music...Delta Style". I will find it one day, and will know it when I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment