Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1st- new blogging project "Verse and Song of the Day"

I'm going to try something new with the blog. Each day I will post a verse and song of the day. I hope you enjoy!

Today's verse of the Day-
John 10:10- The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

This is one of my favorite Bible verses, and one that I always place on my Albums when I sign them. This is Jesus talking and it signifies to me why He came, to give us life in Heaven, and a better life on earth. The thief signifies Satan, who comes to destroy your life. Jesus says when you follow me, I will give you life in Heaven, and a better life here on earth. A better life meaning a more abundant life. It's something we all should strive to bring people. When we come in contact with people, we want their life to become more abundant.

Song of the Day- "Footlights" by Merle Haggard
Check it out! It's a great tune, and one of George Jones' favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment