Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2nd- Holiday weekend, verse and song of the day

I always look forward to Independence Day weekend. Not only is it the birthday for our country, but over the last few years I have performed at Crystal Springs Resort in Hot Springs, AR every July 4th weekend. It's always a fun time. Over the years, I've been able to make some new friends that I only get to see this one weekend. The crowds are always good and energetic, which makes me feel like I'm doing some good!

Verse of the Day - Psalm 1:1-3
"Blessed is the man whose delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season. His leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

These verses or on a picture that hangs on my wall. I find the verses very encouraging. I read them many times a day.

Song of the Day- "Whose Gonna Fill their Shoes" by George Jones
Yesterday we went with "Footlights" by Hag. Today I wanted to stick with a legend, and stay in the same "song idea". Haggard said "Tonight I'll kick the Footlights" out again, and today "the Possum", George Jones is asking "Who is gonna take Haggards place in doing it". Good Question. Hope you like the song!! It's a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment