Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday, Aug. 13th, 2009 - Getting closer to the weekend

Well today was one of those days that seemed like I worked on all kinds of things. Which could be a bad thing, or a good thing. Yesterday was my day to work on Music Marketing and study Bob Baker's Guerilla Music Marketing book ( www.bob-baker.com ), and most of the day I concentrated on that one thing. I felt like I really got alot of stuff accomplished. Today I worked a little on Marketing, a little on calling venues, getting press kits together, and all that kind of stuff. I went around Maumelle, here where I'm living now, trying to get some gigs, but most people don't want Live Music. It's really frustrating trying to find places to play. I don't understand why places wouldn't want live music. To me, there is nothing better than going out and listening to good Live Music. Well maybe things will change!!

What I've been trying to do lately is do something every day to promote my music. Whether on Facebook, MySpace, My website www.bencoulteronline.com, or through calling venues, I have been good about this. I read in Bob Baker's Book that over time if you are persistent in doing something every day, even something small, that you could really see the difference in your career over time!

I'm really looking forward to playing up in Fayetteville, AR this weekend for the Grand Opening of Sassy's Red House BBQ and Grill www.sassysredhouse.com . Sassy's Red House serves Sassy Jones BBQ sauce (www.barbecueandspice.com ), which is made in Montrose, Arkansas by my neighbors!! It's going to be a really great night!! Mr. Bill, Mrs. Sharon, Jessie and Tippi are coming up, so it will be good to have some home folks there!! I play 7 till 10 Saturday night, hope ya'll can come out!!

Well my artist of the week is Malindia Shoptaw from Paron, Arkansas. http://www.reverbnation.com/malindiashoptawsongwriter
Malindia, in my opininon, is one of the best songwriters out there right now. One day her songs will be heard all over the radio. She has one, "I'd Die Trying", that I sang on the demo, and I really think its a hit song. We also worked on one called "Headed Home" that I hope to put on my next album. I also hope to put "I'd Die Trying" on there also. "Headed Home" is kind of a truckers song I guess you could say. It has the same kind of beat as "Highway 61 Blues"....that good train, truckin sound!! More to come later on Malindia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment